The HbA1c Analyzer also called Glycohemoglobin Analyzer, is a machine that performs clinical diagnosis on the hemoglobin A1c concentration in blood. These types of analysis are specific to HbA1c Analyzers only. It is a fully automated analyzer that utilizes patented boronate affinity fluorescence quenching technology to carry out the measurement process of the glycated hemoglobin taken from the sample of blood. Here, glycated hemoglobin is hemoglobin that has glucose molecules attached to it (the process of combining is glycation).
A glycated blood test is very useful in ensuring the concentration of glucose levels in the blood in 6-8 weeks on average. This is a highly specialized machine that generates the process to effectively manage the diabetes of a person and enable better treatment judgment.
Features of HbA1c Analyzer
- Highly affordable machine for the testing of A1c
- Easily available and catered for very small clinics to large laboratories and private labs
- The fully automated analyzer that follows a simple input-process-output methodology of testing
- Very simple and easy to use with clear instructions mentioned on the screen
- Effective and accurate results in merely 4-5 minutes
- Accepts a sample size of 4 microliter which is about a finger-prick blood drop
- Bi-level of quality controls are available
- Option for external printer available
How does the HbA1c Analyzer work?
The Hemoglobin A1c Analyzer has a very simple process with which it operates.
- Through a simple finger-prick, collect a very small sample for testing (4 microliters).
- Insert the sample in the cartridge.
- Put the cartridge inside the machine slot.
- The process of testing begins.
- After 4 minutes, the results are presented that can also be printed out through the external printer as optional.
The simple process in step 4 requires actual testing. This testing is carried out by a very specific Boronate Affinity technology. It follows the following process:
- There is a necessary fluorescence reagent to which the sample of blood is added.
- Once the binding of fluorescence reagent is carried out with HbA1c, it is reduced.
- Through this, the rate of quenching is calculated which is directly proportional to the amount of HbA1c present.
This entire process takes about 4 minutes to produce accurately measured results by the machine.
Read Also: Fully Automatic Biochemistry Analyzer
Medsource Ozone provides the best HbA1c Analyzers
Medsource Ozone has been deeply involved in the advancements of the industry for almost 2 decades now and this experience and commitment towards advancing the sector through its state-of-the-art equipment and technological practices has no competition. This is evident with the the latest Hemoglobin A1c Analyzers (Quolab HbA1c) provisioned for the utilization of numerous laboratory and clinical technicians for testing.
Medsource Ozone defines a certain parameter of the best machinery. Nothing less than these can ensure the delivery of the best equipment and accurate results. Those key parameters include:
1. Accuracy and Precision
The best-case scenario is possible through IFCC and NGSP certifications with the latest protocols for the machinery. This can stive away the possibility of variation in results.
2. Impact of Hb variants
The technology used in HbA1c, i.e. boronate affinity with fluorescence quenching, does not allow any negative impact of any kind of Hb variant that includes HbE, HbF, HbS, etc. Any other technique of methodology might carry some impact.
It is great to know how many tests a machine can carry out in a day. For a QuoLab POCT device, it takes up to 25 tests a day which is a good number to consider. As the workload increases, the HPLC platforms should be considered which can handle higher workload.
For small to medium workloads, these machines are the best with no extra or hidden costs. It works at a fixed cost. But for a higher workload, a machine like HPLC is better and more cost-efficient.
5. Temperature Compensation
These tests are temperature sensitive based on the machine. This HbA1c machine needs a controlled temperature and technicians are responsible for controlling the room temperature during testing.
6. Operator error handling
Read Also: What is a Real-Time PCR Machine?
A good system is designed to eliminate or reduce the possibility of any operator error. This HbA1c machine offers inbuilt checks and design elements with an intuitive interface to ensure fewer errors.
In the end, the Quolab HbA1c analyzer has proved itself with its superior delivery results as proven by the top reviews of the clinical and lab technicians. With Medsource Ozone putting all its efforts into ensuring quick delivery and acceptance to the labs and clinics, this analyzer is a great and reliable choice.